- YIELD:6 to 8
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 large bay leaf, crumbled fine
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher or coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lbs of uncooked chicken wings
Using a mortar and pestle (or food processor), mash the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, salt, chili peppers, black pepper and olive oil into a paste. Put the paste mixture into a large ziploc bag. Add chicken wings to the bag, seal the bag and rub the paste all over the wings. Refrigerate for several hours or over night.
Remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature while preparing the grill.
Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread coals out evenly over the charcoal grate.
Grill the wings over high heat until skin is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side. Serve immediately.