Are you balancing your life or is stress taking its toll? Take a look at these warning signs of someone who is out of balance:
- Vague sense of unease or being unsettled.
- Unable to sleep properly.
- Can?t shake a cold, or get several illnesses in a row.
- Shortened temper.
- Less energy.
- Desire to overeat.
These symptoms make take up to several months to appear, but they are gentle hints that you need to stop and take care of yourself, according to the ADA Center for Professional Success. Your dental practice may be affected if you don?t have the energy you need to be at your best.
Meditate your way to a more balanced life
One easy way to regain control of a stress-filled life is to meditate or do visualization exercises each day. Simply finding a quiet room and unplugging for a few minutes can make a big difference. You can sign up for local meditation classes in your community, or simply take a few minutes each day to refresh, recharge and renew on your own. Benefits can be realized in just a few minutes a day.
Here are some things to try:
- Find a quiet room with no distractions.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Put on some relaxing music.
- Clear your mind.
- Reflect on how lucky you are to be working in such a great profession.
- Think about a positive patient interaction you had that day.
Other ways to reduce stress include cutting down on caffeine consumption, eating a healthier diet and getting regular exercise.